The Roof Storm Damage Checklist Every Homeowner Needs
Storm damage is one of the main problems that can shorten the lifespan of your roof. While regularly maintained roofs can last for 20-50 years, sudden emergencies like a large storm can wreak havoc on your home. Going over a brief checklist is a wise idea if you want to ensure your roof is in good condition after a storm.
Learn how to spot storm damage to your roof in this guide from your local roofing experts.
4 Types of Roof Storm Damage
All kinds of storms can impact your roof. Here are the four main types of roofing damage to look out for:
- Wind: High winds can tear away shingles or loosen the edges.
- Hail: When hail damage occurs, it can create indents and damaged shingles.
- Rain: Intense rains could lead to standing water on the rooftop or cause leaks.
- Debris: As a storm stirs up debris like branches, it can scratch the shingles.
Storm damage can lead to extensive home repairs, primarily if water builds up and leaks into the house. A roofing contractor can inspect your home for problems after any storm.
How To Check For Roof Damage
After a storm, you can follow this checklist for signs of roofing damage. Always be careful not to step on the roof, as a storm could make the surface less sturdy. If the area seems compromised, it’s much safer to let a local roofing company get a better look.
- Look over chimneys and other prominent parts of the roof for potential damage.
- Check the shingles on the outside of the house for issues such as cracking or curling.
- Ensure there are no missing or broken shingles.
- Examine roof vents.
- Go around the home and check for siding damage.
- Make sure the gutters are clear of debris to avoid water leaks.
- Inspect the ceilings inside the house and the attic if you have one.
If you notice clogs, leaks, broken shingles, ceiling damage, or any other roofing concern, it’s best to take action. Roofing restoration professionals will assess the damage and get your roof back to stable, safe condition.
Roof Repair for Your Twin Cities Home
Is your roof showing signs of destruction after a storm? Don’t worry; Platinum Restoration can help. We provide local roofing services, including roof repair. So, whether you have clogged gutters or missing shingles, our experienced team will fix it up in no time.
Call today at 763-244-1474 or request a free online estimate.